cant see hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcsavageboy

In Runtime
I have two harddrives. each have their own xp installed on them. how come from one version of xp i can see both hard drives from "my computer". but on the other version I only see the hard drive that the xp im using, is on. any suggestions?

ugh..... ya i had it working before. all i did was go into bios and hook it up and it detected it automatically. btw. when i right click my computer then hardware i can see both the harddrives.

how do u verify it.

Right click on my computer.. Left click "Manage".. go to the bottom of the list on the left and left click disk management.. Look in the right hand window to make sure both drives are being assigned drive letters.

ok it didnt have a letter and i assigned one but it didnt work. the reason im doing this is bc i need to format my drive bc it had probs. bu i notice that the new installation of xp runs really slow on the internet. it takes forever and sometimes doesnt even load. what would cause this. is it because its a smaller dirve?

Sounds like a misconfiguration somewhere or some missing drivers maybe? Make sure that you arent using the microsoft version of your display adapter.

Once you assign a drive letter it will take a few second to pop up.. If you're already in windows explorer you should refresh w/ f5.

It would make IE or any other program run like crap.. W/O manufacturer drivers you're going to be rendering everything w/ software cpu rendering..

Make sure system restore is off, tweak the virtual memory to have initial and maximum be the same size, double check all your drivers..

Beyond that im really not sure what to tell you.. Anyone else have any input?

i think my motherboard is on its way out if not my whole computer. whats the average life expected from a dell? ive had it three years and its run night and day since then. maybe about a month total of being off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom