my computer is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenjinenjin

Solid State Member
HELP. when i turn on my computer it can only load past the windows xp boot screen. after that, the user profiles don't show up at all. the moniter just flashes on and off a few times, i get some static that sort of looks like the user profiles screen, then it says there's no info, and the moniter shuts off. Then after about 10 seconds, the moniter turns back on, but its just my computer restarting again, and it just goes in a cycle. i switched the power supply, that wasn't the problem. I went into safe mode and uninstalled my vid card drivers (Omega) and restarted, and it worked! So i downloaded some new Omega drivers, installed them, and now i get the exact same problem again. Someone please help me, i don't feel like spending $50 to take it to the shop on a problem that i feel like i can fix by myself.

it could also be a virus, but it sounds more like something with the video card and drivers. How long have you had this card?

im gonna test it with my old nvidia mx440. i shoudl uninstall my current vid drivers in safe mode first, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom