k, what when wrong on yalls first builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cpu wasn't compatible with my motherboard... The site said it did but I guess the board was faulty. It was an old MSI k7t turbo 2 :bald:

had some intitial problems getting my system to pick up on my vid card. Came down to the order of things in which i was doing them, not sure why really, but it was my first time installing a system from scratch.

Booted up without a problem...the only problem I had was with my ATI drivers and Far Cry compatability, but thats an ATI problem, not anything I was responsible for.

hope im like xteam, ive put together bits and pieces of diff comps together, hope my new comp goes alright, what to watch out for?

well this last build I got lucky....when I installed water cooling nothing happened.....all that happened was it said my CPU wasn't working, but it posted....keyboard stopped working so I put in a different one, went into the BIOS everything was normal, hit restart and up it came :D

usually though anytime I remove the computer I swear it never, NEVER boots up the first time

I got everything okay, but I plugged the USB port into the wrong part on the motherboard, which caused a beeping sound at startup making me think something was wrong with the video card. Nothing came up on the screen either. It just hung at the beep and it beeped over and over. I thought I had a faulty video card or motherboard, so in hopes that it was just something stupid (which it was) I unplugged everything and put my computer back together... and viola! No problems with compatibility though. Just want you to know... make damn sure you know what you are plugging into what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom