case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
Well i have an idea im thinking that if its possible i would like to submerge a computer (total cost around $20)in a fish tank filled with non conductive fluid but is this possible??

Hrmm...wierd idea....i don't think its possible though....you mean fill that case with water and have fish swimming in it? Naaa..thats not happening. It is possible to build a fish tank into a case, but the computer equipment can't be touching the fluids.

it's gotta be possible if you manage to blobk every hole in ur case so the water wont get in, but then good luck if you need to change any computer parts. That goes as well fo your casing cooling, if there are no holes in your case you wont be able to put case fans and so ur temps might rise.
As for turning on the power, i have an option on my mobo where you can power on your comp by double cliking your mouse, but i dont think that can be done on every mobo.
And another thing, how are you going to manage with your cd/dvd drive?
and for your cable at the back, youd have to stick them up and you woudnt be able to take them out again.
anyway, that sounds like a cool idea, but if i were you id forget it just cause there are so many problems that would arise from such a project. what u could do though is buy a square doughnut tank and put ur case in the middle.
would that work for you?

Sh0r_ty said:
Well i have an idea im thinking that if its possible i would like to submerge a computer (total cost around $20)in a fish tank filled with non conductive fluid but is this possible??

1. Search TF. This has been talked about more than once.

2. For $20? You might be able to buy the tank for that...

This has been talked about before? I never would have thought of submerging a computer in fluid. Maybe like at one of those weird art shows. lol

he never said submerge a computer in water with fish swimming in, jeez, what a horrible misreading of someones post......the only thing that has to do with fish is the tank itself.

He wants to put a computer in a fish TANK with nonconductive fluiod.......100% possible and has been done plenty of times.

Unfortunately the best nonconductive fluid to do that in is called HFE for about $200 a gallon......there is the stuff danger den has MCP-5 and MCP-40 I think it is.....saw a review of it where a guy took a plug from a powersupply that was plugged into the wall....dropped the end of the wire in a bucket of the stuff and nothing happened, so by all means it SHOULD be safe, but I aint about to try it.

EDIT: Also, I believe ATI had a liquid filled case with a mobo and parts submerged inside up for grabs in a competition

i saw a clear electrical tape somewhere, it doesnt conduct electricity, and it should be clear enough, with some time and effort, it would look good

uhh any electrical tape isn't supposed to conduct electricity.......and what exactly does that have to do with a tank full of nonconductive liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom