NEW windows activation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol course not, im not that dumb man :) i copied the one that i got from a freind kus the one i got obviously was junk.. i just used my cdkey

maybe your windows xp was bootlegged and its stopping you from using it...that happened to be as well but i bought a real xp disk.

Blitze105 said:
the one i bought or copied? the one i bought was f-ed up i think kus all the system 32\hal file. it always corrupted soon as i made a new one it never messed up again. so id say it was the cd.

twice in the past week I had this problem. I had been reformatting windows on about 10 computers for a daycare center. now if it would have had a microsoft lock(MS will put something in the MBR to not let you install xp on that computer), format the hard drive with powermax will fix the problem. however formatting with powermax didn't work on these computers, plus they all had legit version anyway

the problem in both case was cheap cd-roms (one was a cheap cd-r) . when I replace them, the cd-rom copied the xp filesto the hard drive flawlessly.

when I took thm back. the lady told me that the HP computer would never let them install any programs on it the were on a cd. and on the emachine they said it could read scratched cd that good.

so you might have a cheap cd-rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom