6600 vs 6800

Status
Not open for further replies.

pctech86

In Runtime
I know the 6800gt is way better than the 660 but it is also quite a bit more expensive. I know that if I had an unlimited wallet size i would undoubtedly go with the 6800 but I want to know in the real world, how much of a difference is there with all of todays games?

Well I know it is better, but I want to know if it is a LOT better in your guys' opinions or not

Well, I've got a 6600gt and it can play any game at pretty much full specs. I'll be upgrading to a 6800gt probably end of the year, though.

well considering that the standard 6800 would prolly woop the ass of the 6600GT, your prolly making a good move gettin the 6800GT. I have the BFG 6800GT and it buuuuuuuuuuuurns!

Yeah, get the 6800 GT.....that is one heck of a card, and will run any game out today at full specs without a hint of slowdown, and will be ready for future games as well (despite Nubius' doubt). If you don't want to wait for the G70, the 6800 GT is much cheaper now and is a definate bargain. I want to upgrade to the 6800 GT myself, but I think I will wait for the G70.

Yeah, I just don't know if I should spend over 300 bucks on it. Oh well I kinda have an idea of what I'll do. Thanks

i went out and looked at benchmarks and i found the 6600GT kept up with the 6800 pretty closely (only 5-10 fps difference). for an extra $100+, i personally don't think it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom