6600 GT vs. x800pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangedrink

Solid State Member
i'm building a new pc and i'm trying to decide between a 128mb 6600 Gt and a 256mb x800pro. the thing is the 6600gt is cheaper and i could always buy another down the line and have dual video cards. However, the x800 might be a bit more powerful for now. Any advice on what to get? Also i'm trying to keep the price between 150-250.

I made the grave mistake of buying the X800 Pro back when it was the same price as the 6800 GT, and I regret it every day. The X800 Pro sucks, the 6600 GT is better. Plus, it has SM3.0, which the X800 Pro does not. 6600 GT hands down.

what's a good brand to get. I need it to be pci express, i was thinking either a chaintech or MSI.

Ok...I'm telling you that the 6600GT DOES NOT have enough power to play PS3.0 with a respectable frame rate. Unless you have some super high powered system. Its part of a gimmick...sort of.... They even have PS 3.0 in the 6200's series. I would just wait a little bit till the next generation cars come out this summer then grab on of the high power current generation cards when their prices fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom