dual boot startup screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pendo007

Baseband Member
is there a way to change the names of the operating systems that are shown when the computer boots up with dual operating systems? maybe in the boot.ini file or something...

Yeah, just edit the boot.ini file. I just did a search for mine, but found nothing. What the hell? It could have to do with the policies in place, as this is a work computer. But yes, edit the boot.ini file (Start> Run> MSCONFIG) and the rest should be self explanatory.

I'm about 99% sure that there is a way, but I'm not sure how at this point in my life. I'll check and see if I can find out how, but again, as said before, I'm not sure.

-SkyHi

SkyHi said:
I'm about 99% sure that there is a way, but I'm not sure how at this point in my life. I'll check and see if I can find out how, but again, as said before, I'm not sure.

-SkyHi

There is a way, just Google it: ;) :p

Sorry, dont mean to mock you. But editing the boot.ini file is the way to do it. Just MSCONFIG to it.

Yep, use the boot.ini file.

Change the echo in red.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS= "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tada.

Shoob, do you know why I wouldnt have one on my computer? Is it the fact that it is my work computer, and policies are in effect? It's got XP SP1.

Him said:
Shoob, do you know why I wouldnt have one on my computer? Is it the fact that it is my work computer, and policies are in effect? It's got XP SP1.
If it's a work machine, you may not have rights. Talk to yer network admin(s).

Start> Run> boot.ini says there is nothign there. Start> Search turns up nothing. I dont really want to ask about that, they might get suspicious and be like "Why are you wondering about that?!" and then start to watch me. I wouldnt want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom