ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
can any one tell me how can i chang mt isp/ip address......i kind tried diffrent methods i was only able to chang my dynamic IP address
thanks

Do you mean to a static IP? What is your ISP? If you are going to use a static IP, they have to give it to you.

IPCONFIG /renew will give you a new IP. Why do you want a different IP anyway? They will only give you a static one if you are running a webserver (which they dont want you to do, so that is rather out of the question) or your machine is so old that you cannot get it to accpet DHCP so you just assign it a static ip.

Him said:
IPCONFIG /renew will give you a new IP.

dhcp does not have to give a new address when you renew.

from http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/wintcp/chapter/ch06.html

When the lease expires, that IP address is returned to the pool and becomes available for reassignment to another client. When a client reboots, it checks to see if its lease is still valid. If so, it continues using the same IP address. If not, it requests a new IP address from the DHCP server. Servers and other computers that should always have the same IP address may be assigned a permanent IP address using a DHCP permanent lease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom