A good soldering iron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I just realized that I need to invest in a good soldering iron, seeing that I dont have one. I have a gun, but that is just big and clunky. I need a more precision one. 40-50w with a very fine tip. Possibly an assortment of tips to add to it. Any suggestions?

Think so? I want a pencil one, the guns tips are way too big. I need this for precision modding, as I am looking to mod out some of my components pretty roughly.

I'm pretty good at soldering, although I havent done it in years so I may be a little out of practice. I took electronics in high school, and they taught us how to solder pretty well. But I'll check out the guide, thanks.

i like to solder things on amps my dad is fixing. he gets the parts, sets it up nd i do the solder work. i would have to say im gettin pretty good at it.! couldnt tell you what soldering iron to get though, ill ask my dad when he gets home.

Sevoma said:
I have this:
http://www.hmcelectronics.com/cgi-bin/scripts/product/0460-0004/
It works nicley but is waaayyy more than what you need. I use it for building and repairing electronics.

I looked at that, and would like it, but $80 is a wee bit too much. It's not WAAAAAYYYYY more than I need, but a little more than I need. :D

I would like it, but I dont think I need that much of a temperature variance made available to me. I saw some good ones for pretty cheap, that was linked to me previously, so I think I will go with one of those.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom