Why Can't I download a file over 4 gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try fx, opera or what they said, test em see what you like.
Also Eric im going to add netscape into my "simple solutions" thread is that ok?

Re downloading the file will fix this problem. It saved the data in fat32 so i highly suggest that you download it saving it as ntfs. Anyhow post back if this doens't fix the problem, we wont give up either :).

Blitze105 said:
Try fx, opera or what they said, test em see what you like.
Also Eric im going to add netscape into my "simple solutions" thread is that ok?

Re downloading the file will fix this problem. It saved the data in fat32 so i highly suggest that you download it saving it as ntfs. Anyhow post back if this doens't fix the problem, we wont give up either :).

That's cool.

why can't I download a file more than 4 gigs?

Hi again and thanks

I still have a problem with downloading the 4 gig + file
I have a NTFS H/D but the file was originally downloaded to a fats32 the download would terminate at 96.4% of 4.15 gigs but would always go back to 96.1% so I cut and pasted it too my NTFS drive, but still the same problem?
I was wondering because the downloading program DC++ is on my fats32 H/D could this be a problem? And would it be a problem that the main bulk of the program that I was downloading was on the fat32 H/D?

I have the file just now, but don't know how I actually received it though? changed one of my drives to NTFS but the file I found was on a FATS32 drive, I've tried to download it again to my NTFS drive with the same problem saying there is not enough space on the drive, but I need top download the whole file afresh to see if we can make any sense out of it?

Thanks for all your help Pals

delete all of those file on your harddrive (s) even the one in you temp folder

Start a new fresh download to your ntfs drive.

Now that I think about it, you have convert all of your drives to ntfs. the download start in your temp folder and when it's completed it move to your specified folder. and your temp folder is on your fat32 drive so it won't complete your download

make sure you delete your temp files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom