Printer Problem, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
I've been using an HP 695c for a couple years now. Never had any problems. Now this thing is driving me freakin nuts! When I try to print a page of plain text, non color, using any program at all I hear the paper start to feed and then it stops with a "blinking orange light". If I don't do anything, usually about 10-20 mins later the paper continues to feed and prints out. I just can't figure this out. I have color print disbaled, I don't use it. I'm using a Nu-Kote refill cartridge I picked up about 6 months ago, seems more then half full. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm about to throw this thing out my window. Just started acting up a week ago and now it stop EVERY time I try to print something out.

mine just stopped working all together... but before it died it did this... so.. id get a new one :)

I had a similar problem to this with an HP printer. I uninstalled, then reinstalled my driver for the printer, and this fixed the problem.

I like free! But after uninstalling and reinstalling drivers I get the same thing. This is bizarre, I get the "blinking light from hell" and then 10 minutes later it prints off. The quality looks TERRIBLE. I'm starting to think this refill cartridge is garbage. Just hate to throw down $25 on a new cartridge and find out my printers on its last leg. Ahh, the joy of PC hardware :)

Could a cartridge that is going bad make a printer act crazy like this? I'd think it wouldn't print at all, but this 10 minutes later thing is really throwing me off.....

I dont think that a cartridge would cause such a delay. Sorry, buddy, but it sounds like hardware. I would try (before you turf the printer) it on another computer.

tips on how to destroy the hell raiser.... lol...

throw it off a high cliff

run over it with a car

shoot it...

or take it apart and put it back together... for some people that might work but when i attempt it.. it can never seem to go back together right... so thats when i pull out a 5 lbs. mallet :)

Tried it on a second PC, didn't work. I think she's dying. hehe I didn't think the cartridge could make a difference, but the print quality is pretty light and faded for being half full, and it's the first time I ever used a refill cart instead of just buying a new HP cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom