Laptop-Pentium 4 or M

Status
Not open for further replies.

eman345

Beta member
I have been looking for a laptop that can handle just about anything I want to do with it, I have in mind what I want but I dont know about the Pentium 4 processor in a laptop I have been reading that they may replace them with new processors in the near future and I dont want to spend 2000 dollars on a laptop and have it be crap in 2 months. Are the Pentium M's any good do they have the proccessing power to handle all of the latest games and how do they stack up to the Pentium 4's, Im sorry if this wasnt the right are for this post. and Thanks for any help

Pentium 4's are better than Pentium M's. Also a laptop costing $2000 won't be crap in 2 months I don't think, that's a lot of money.

the p4 run alot hotter and use alot more power, so with a p4 your gonna have a shorter battery life by about half hour to 45mins. where as the pentium mobiles trade off alittle performance for a longer battery life, plus they are cooler. if ur wanting the latest games might be an idea to look at a mobile amd64, those are supposed to be very nice :)

Pentium 4's are better than Pentium M's. Also a laptop costing $2000 won't be crap in 2 months I don't think, that's a lot of money.

I would go with the M for a laptop DEFINATELY. Get the top one though, I think it is at roughly 2.2GHz. The M processors have a different architecture than the P4 so you can't compare the GHz 1:1.

And, $2000 will get you a very nice laptop....

~edit~ missread something ;)

i have a p4 laptop... it doesnt have alot of battery life. If i were you id go with pentium m, sony vaio s series are good...

PinkFloyd said:
A Pentium M running at 2.13 ghz is equal to a pentium 4 running at about 3-3.2 ghz

and plus P-M uses a lot less power

definitely go with the P-M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom