XP wont start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorajat

Beta member
For some reason, my XP pro wont start up. When it goes to the loading screen where the blue bar goes back and forth, it just stays stuck there for approximately 10 minutes and then a blue error message comes up that says:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

I tried to start up in safe mode but i get an error message that says "hard error"

I have no idea what to do and i dont want to lose any of my files... please advise me as to how i should go about this problem

-Thanks in advance

try re-installing windows xp completely if you have the disc. Insert the disk before the xp startup screen and follow the instuctions for repair.

ry rebooting in sfae mode and see if the works becouse if its not its most likely to be a hardware problem..

make sure nothing is loose in your computer, as in your ram or cd drive or anything like that. (it shouldn't be but you never know)

SkyHi said:
Format and install

ROFL!!! Good one! :p

gorajat said:
I tried to start up in safe mode but i get an error message that says "hard error"
Well, as the error states, this is going to be a hard problem. :D :p

Honestly, though, just make yerself a set of boot floppies and boot up from them. Better still, if you have the CD available, use it. Don't reformat. When the Windows setup comes up, choose to repair the installation. If you don't see that option, just reinstall Windows overtop of the current installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom