what to get now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok i just got my pc upgraded pretty cheap i got kingston valveram pc2100 ddr233 (2x512mb sticks) 1 gb, a p4 2.8ghz 533fsb with ht tech.
A ati radeon 9250 256mb pci and a caseedge box with idk what psu it is. I need to know if anyone can help me find out what the psu wattedge is and what video card to get or what else i might need. I play hl-2 doom3 and bf1942. I have a agp x8 slot. I think the case is a radmaxx or w/e its called.

the wattage should be marked on the psu...and did u say u need a graphics card or u have a ati 9250?

1.) why did you get ddr233 sticks? ddr400 is the same price; ddr233 has 2.1gb/sec bandwidth, as opposed to the 3.2gb/sec you COULD have for the same price; getting those pc2100 sticks will hinder your perform
2.) you need a new psu; look into the thermaltake purepower 480W
3.) to support those games at good settings, you're gonna need at LEAST a 6600gt, preferably a 6800gt (can be found for only $299AR @ newegg)

I think diabloII was being a little generous with the PSU. You would be able to do fine with a 350W. Although, 480W would leave room for future upgrades.

BF1942 doesnt need that fancy of a vid card. I played it on my 9200, and on my bro's comp with onboard video, with decent settings. HL2 on the other hand needs a little more power. If you got a 6600GT, you would be able to play games at good settings.

BTW, diabloII, holy piss, when did your post count get so high. I swear you werent much higher than me like 3 days ago:amazed:

hmm, dunno

i almost never sleep so i spent much of my non-sleeping time here and chatting on AIM and researching stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom