RAM Problems/MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon

Solid State Member
I gotta problem.i bought 256x4 ocz duel ram. which my motherboard supports. When i put all four chips in my comp it doesnt work. My motherboard freaks out.But when i put just 3 chips it works fine. What could i do?Or should i do?

Hrm this is a long shot but it's going to come up sooner or later. It could be lack of power.

Okay what does your PC do when it has 4 slots, tell us how many beeps, blackscreen ect.

This is what I suggest depending on what it does.

-Rip any non essential components out (graphics card will depend on beep codes)
-If it's lack of power, your PC should boot without the load.

Also post what kinda power supply you have

try using one ram at a time and move it to different slots....
this way you can check if your ram has a problem or if your slot has a problem.... if your ram works on all 4 slots it means that you dont have any problem with your slot.... one more thing i have an older board it is an asus cuv4xe with 4 slots of sdram.... this is for pentium 3 processor.. the boards specification is that one slot can hold up to 1gig of ram... meaning the boards are created with slots that can hold up to 1 gig of ram especially those newer boards for p4 and amd athlon xp...

hope this helps

So, exactly what does freaking out mean? What does the board/ system do when all four modules are installed? The more information we have the more we can help you. How big is your power supply?

when it freaks out it just doesnt boot all the way. right before the loading screen it says ntldr missing.and some times i go into bois and the words are messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom