memmory upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

compun00b

Beta member
I was looking to add 1 gig of new memory to my computer, i plugged system specs into this site http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...=Sony&cat=RAM&model=VAIO+VGC-RA828G&submit=Go
i looked at what it told me i could put in but i dont know if i should either buy it from that site or from newegg (heard great reviews about them). I looked at some of the stuff on newegg but i got completely lost... i want to buy high quality ram for gaming, could someone please tell me what i ought to buy *that will work in my computer*? any help would be appreciated

Currently im running a VGC-RA828G(UC) (Sony Vaio) with 0 changes

i have 1gig of dual channel DDR-SDRAM (PC3200, 200mhz)
Motherboard = Asus model PTGD2-VX, chipset i915P/i915G
^^found with CPU-Z

try to buy the same specs of RAM as the one that you already have but if you are looking for a brand that lives up to its name in performance try buying kingston ram's here in our country kingston rams offer lifetime warranty that is if you know where the wholesalers get their supplies....

The system has 4 slots and it takes PC3200. Just get another set of 512MB modules and that will max out your system with 2048MBs of memory. High speed memory will not help much since the manufacturer has locked down the BIOS.

Hope this helps.

Dont go with Kingston, they are good but there are much bettter brands out there. If it is warranty you are looking at though, go for the Kingston. If you want performance, go with OCZ or GSkill or Corsair or Crucial. They are very high quality, and are ideal for gaming and OCing. Dont go cheap on the RAM, you will regret it. It goes with RAM almost more than anything else that you do get what you pay for. Get cheaply priced ram, you will get very cheap ram. Expensive ram, you will get very high quality RAM.

Go with Newegg, they have some good stuff. As long as you get DDR1 (184 pin) and not DDR2 you are fine. Also make sure you get PC3200 DDR400. Anything else will be a waste for what you need.

How much money you looking to spend? If you give me a price, I can give you some good reccomendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom