10,000 in 3DMark05?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
Sources from Gigabyte claim that the new card will be the best performing single-board graphics systems - at least when current scoreboards are considered. Benchmark results point to about 20,400 points in 3DMark 03 and about 9500 points in 3DMark 05.

http://www.3dspeed.com.tw/lb5000xp/cgi-bin/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=330&show=0

But here is the sweetest part of all
sources said that the GV-3D1-68G will cost about 10 to 15 percent less than two 6800 GT cards in a package.

SLI just got burnnnned.

Also, compare to the 7800 score set by the G70 in 3DMark05 (Source), and dual GPUs look damn good from a benchmark point of view. Mind you I'd have to see how these perform in real games, and they'd have to make the card smaller or more practical for a chassis, but this is undeniable proof that SLI and dual card solutions suck next to the real thing.

yeah that's the only dumb thing...I want a dual GPU card that only need a board with PCI-E no SLI, buuuuuuuut a board like the Ultra-D is still a good choice for such scenarios......awesome card indeed, now THATS something I'd be more prone to buy "oh you got SLI....sucks for you..I got THIS" :p

couldn't imagine throwing two maze4's on it though lol...would have to make a pretty big tubing loop to get it to connect to each other.

damn thats sweet! Id still go with an R520/G70, but yea, thats cool! Reality is that SLI was just a fad to keep people's attention while they work on dual GPUs and the G70. Damn Nvidia for ressurecting SLI, and damn ATI for following them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom