Getting a new heatsink/fan for a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

biffs

Beta member
Ok, so i have an HP ze4200 series laptop that Im gutting and putting into a different case. (the LCD broke). I dont want to use the standard heat pipe/fan that it has now, I want to install a big heatsink/fan on it. This computer will be used as a server/media center, so i want it to be really quiet, hence the large heatsink idea.

What kind of a heatsink can I use here?

Here are some pics of it:

The Heatpipe
heatpipe.jpg

The Processor - Celeron 1.6Ghz, thats all i know..... must be a mobile, judging by the size of it
101_0131.jpg

The 3 heatsink srewholes
101_0132.jpg

Bottom of the heatpipe
101_0133.jpg

The arrows are for the screwholes. rough estimate of the height of them over the processor
101_0134.jpg

thanks for any suggestions

hmmm...... I have never experience a question like this. I have also never known anyone ballsy enough to gut a laptop and transfer it and then also want to put on a new HSF. Good work. ;)

I dont think you could really FIT a new HSF in there, since it is a laptop. The heatpipe system is specially configured to fit in there nice and swell. Possible a little water cooling setup would be nice. Have the house run out the back into a sperate enclosure where you house the pump, radiator, and resevoir. Just an idea. Or you could just get one of those laptop chill pads, they are suppose to work pretty well.

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Brow...sId=142670&bcClassName=Notebook+Stands+&+Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom