OUCH! Why CPU so HOT?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, at 80 C your mofo cpu will like, melt. your thing is wrong. nuff said

just burn the computer, then you don't have to worry about it

God, 85 degrees meltdown, i was lucky then.

I'm going to maplin to get some Antec High-Silver thermal compound now.

Hope this works.

thank you all.

Yeah, that's a safe thing to do. I'm using ASUS PROBE as my moniter in windows, but it seems to be off by about 6 C, so my cpu is always 6 C hotter then what the probe says. I have my computer shut down temperature at 70 C. That way I don't have anything to worry about. But it should never get that hot, unless of course I take off the heatsink, disable all the fans, and put a heat lamp on my cpu.

Gah!

I put some high silver compound between my cpu and heatsink and pointed a desk fand at my cpu on full power. it's pottering around in windows at about 50-55 degrees. but when coming out of playing a game for half and hour its at about 70.

What is wrong with it?!

Karl

Does anyone know my problem? :(

Also can anyone confirm for me if should pay for my CPU and motherboard? i haven't payed for it yet so if i want i can send them back if anyone thinks they are the source of this overheating problem.

Someone please help, this is supposed to make me happy, i've spent enough money on it, but up to now its only made me angry and distressed :mad:

Thank you.

:beard:

I have 2 new bits of info:

1: I installed MBM5 motherboard monitor and it is giving me a CPU temp which is on average 10 degrees C lower than that given by PCProbe. However if i switch my PC off real quick and go find out the temp in the bios it is almost the same as PCProbe. Which is right? and if its PCProbe / the BIOS then why is MBM5 so far out? (the other readings are the same in both applications ie. M/B temp and fan speeds)

2: There seems to be a disticnt stepped up pattern to the CPU temp. for example when i switched it on from cold yesterday it started it 32 and then over a period of about 5 minutes it rose gradually to 66 degrees! I thought it would just go up to the temperature the CPU is gonna run at and then level off!? no? Is this a sign that the heatsink is somehow compounding the problem? By transferring heat back into the CPU or summat??

Someone please help, i'm thinking of getting a Thermaltake Volcano 11 and 4 case fans blowing onto the CPU area but this will cost money, i need to know it will be wort it (a desk fan pointed at the cpu lowers the temp by about 10 degrees to idling in Windows XP Pro at 55 degrees C)

Thank you.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom