OMG! Window tech support has got to be the worst!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoExtreme

In Runtime
OMG! Microsoft's tech support has got to be the worst!

I run Windows server 2003 Eterprise edition with in VPC for school labs for my college and practice.My activation time bomb went off and I tried to activate it and got invalid conformation ID :mad: .Then called there tech support and got a new conformation ID and still did not work :mad: ,got tranfered to another department and they tranfered me back to the activation department and so on.Tried another ID and still invalid,got transfered back and the two techs that were one the phone started to argue one wich one the call goes to(while they were on the phone with me :eek: ).Then the tech put me on hold to see wich department it goes to now(bear in mind I have been like transfered 10 times already!)I was on hold for like 20 min and nothing just the never ending loop of music.Called back to complian abouth situation and they wanted to tranfer me again :mad: ,then we tried another confirmation ID and the same thing invalid.Then they confrenced me with three tech's and then the Windows server 2003 tech took the call and got the info (informed him that this is just to run labs in but however it is the root of the forest and contains all the FSMO roles and if I reinstall it ,which isn't a bid deal just a pain)and then wanted to transfer me again :rolleyes: ,tried another conformation ID and still the samething (umm how many do we have to try in order for them to understabd that it not going to take it no matter what :confused: ) got transfered to another tech and now this guy really knows what he is doing :) ,he stated that when the time bomb goes off it changes the Installation ID and that is the reason for failed conformation ID.He sent a private hotfix that I installed in safemode and then tried to reactivate again and it woked :D .That only took like 2-3 hours on the phone.Have any of you ran into this issue?

Man, Windows Techies are so dumb. I would have lost half of my hair due to the stress I would have. Did you lose any? lol.

Blitze105 said:
No, i would have fixed the problem alot faster if you would have IMed or PMed me though.

Well some people want the legal way, expisally for this

Yes,DJ-Chris is correct.I do not want ot use the windows activation crack because it is illegal,I have a totally leagl copy of windows 2003 server eterprise edition and prefer to do things the right way.This was the first time I have ever called Microsoft tech support and was to to happy about it,then finally I got someone who knows what they are doing then the problem got resolved. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom