Win XP- how many pcs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, let's throw another thing in here. I have a Dell pc that lightning messed it up from getting on the net (I replaced the modem two times, etc. etc. That is really not the point here) so I just used it for office stuff for my home. I since have used the HD and CD burner from it to build another pc. In other words the Dell is completely dismantled. I have the Win XP Home disc that came with the Dell, but it has the Dell name on it and is labeled "Operating System". I also have the key for the OS. I was told before that this could not be used on any other pc except for a Dell. Now when shopping for an OS I came across this link. Notice what it says beside "Packaging Type".

"Branded OEM Media with Activation Key Code (Dell or HP/Compaq Imprinted on the media, but will work on all computers)"

I wonder if this means I can use the Dell disc on the pc I'm building for my son?

Well the dell CD key will work

However as DELL ships recovery media, the actual CD will only really work on Hell PC's.

Also if you buy actual copy's of XP instead of get them with stuff, microsoft lets you install em more often as well.

Straight as a DIE.

S Q U A R E H E A D S

There is no debate!

It is interesting to read what the technicalities of the law are but some of you's actually write as though you wouldn't dare break the copyright laws for love of God or Money.

"God Dawn Fool!" - Mr T

Re: Straight as a DIE.

Kriskringle said:
S Q U A R E H E A D S

There is no debate!

It is interesting to read what the technicalities of the law are but some of you's actually write as though you wouldn't dare break the copyright laws for love of God or Money.

"God Dawn Fool!" - Mr T

I'm just trying not to. Didn't say I wouldn't.:cool:

i have my licence of xp installed on 3 pcs. u wont be alble to activate it over the net but if u do it over the phone microsoft is non the wiser.

Him said:
the Windows validation thing is gonna eventually screw ya. It's going to validate each copy of Windows, and when it sees that there are so many with the same key, it's going to stop allowing any copy of windows with that key access to the updates site. I'm sure it also flags you somwhere on the MS system, stating that you use a pirated copy of Windows.

And yes, do read the rules before posting. burning a copy of Windows is illegal.

Burning copyrighted dvds is illegal to, so what..

Sprooty said:
i have my licence of xp installed on 3 pcs. u wont be alble to activate it over the net but if u do it over the phone microsoft is non the wiser.

You can even sort of tell them the truth

Microsoft: How many times have you activated windows?
Me: I dunno, lots
Microsoft: How many PC's is this on
Me: I think 1

Warez Monster said:
Burning copyrighted dvds is illegal to, so what..

I dont burn copyrighted DVD's. I back them up, and only for my own non-commercial, private home viewing. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom