What core am i bying????

Status
Not open for further replies.

drworm2005

In Runtime
I am looking at getting an AMD64 CPU and i want to know what core it is before i buy it, how can you tell the core from looking at the CPU with numbers like (AMD Athlon 64 ADA3000DIK4BI CBBID 0509XPMW 1224559C50728)

Thanks in advance.

Drworm2005.

All sellers should tell you what your buying. Otheriwse, look at the cashe, processor speed, process (nm), and CPU frequeny. Match them all against known models.... that will give you your answer.

I am buying from Australia, I have had trouble with asking sellers here in Aust. Every time i ask them "What core is it?" most of them reply "I don't know, we only get what our suppliers give us." Therefore i thought if i could tell from the markings on the processor i could just say "Can i have a look at the box" and define what core it is.

Drworm2005.

The AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego is $505.00 at newegg.com, get them while supplies last. If i was looking to build a kick ass system but couldn't shell out $800.00 for an FX-55, i would absolutely grab the 4000+ San Diego. Of course the FX-55 is slightly better, but the benchmarks of the 4000+ San Diego are pretty damn close to the FX-55 and at $300.00 less, it's kind of a no brainer...

I believe that:

RevE = San Diego
RevD = Venice
RevC = Winchester
RevB = Clawhammer
RevA = Newcastle

Can't remember exactly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom