what is your next....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not talking about what is on the market right now, people. This is mmore of a fantasy type thing here.

What would I have on my computer? Probably close to what is considered top of the line now, or a little lower. My bleeding edge is the one in my wallet.

The most expensive SCSI hard drive on newegg is here. It is a 147GB Fujitsu, and sells for $879 dollars. Getting two less expensive ones in RAID 0 would cost considerably under $2K, even under $1K for still very nice ones.

yes but then you would only have like 80gb of storeage, and if they is considered small now, immagine in 2 years from now.

in two years from now, the 147 gb will not be the biggest ones and wont be the most expensive and if i were to have two of them in RAID ) i would have about 300gigs (unformatted)

I decided that my next "system" is going to be a cluster... 3x amd 64 3200 939 venice overclocked to 2.9 with 1gb of ram each and 4 250gb satas per machine.. Going to use pvfs to span all 3 1tb arrays into 1 3tb array. Mainly i'm going to be using the setup for video rendering tests, also going to see how long it takes for me to crack my own root password on my linux gateway machine for fun. I want my own teragrid .

Hoping to have the systems together by end of july/early august

I think i'll be keeping the rig in my sig as my primary rig for the next few years. The only thing i might upgrade is the ram to 2gb and the video cards to dual gpu cards if/when they come out.

Psht $3000? For that system Steve listed I'd honestly guess more than that easily..

All I need right now is for DFI to release their nf3 socket 939 agp board so I can buy a venice and put it in there and I'll be freakin happy.

My goal right now is within 2 months is to have a

3200+ Venice running a minimum of 2.8GHz if not higher

My RAM running at 275MHz if not better

and my card running at what it's running at right no 430/1150 and I'll be content with my system......although I do have to buy a 200gb HD because I've filled up the 160gb that makes up my computer already :(

And too think it wasn't but a few years ago that people were saying "Whoa a gig!?! You'll never fill that up" :p

all this fantasizing is making me sad about about my brand new rig :(
...I better just leave this thread for good before I get real depressed

In about 6 monthes, I'll probably get a VooDoo laptop (Army wont let me own anything larger then my foot locker for a while), and a year from now, a custom rig with a dual core AMD 4800+(Unless intell kicks it in gear), best video card available (ATI hopefully, I don't like NVidia), 2 GB Corsair XMS RAM, and DFI board. Hopfeully cooled by phase change, but if not, then Zalman Air.

This is, of course, considering tech or company standings dont change to much.

3200+ Venice
Ultra-D
6800GT
Rev2s
DD custom/modded watercooling

Next week baby. :D

Annnnd in the future:

AMD Toledo >7w Mobile
DFI MB
XDR RAM
DD Watercooling
G70/Fudo

hell, no one even knows what's gonna be on the market a month from now, and we're already discussing a year from now?? for all we know we could all be living on mars, or all computers could all of a sudden blow-up and we'd all be stuck living like cavemen.

it could happen:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom