who knows if kingston ram (KVR-533D2S4/1G) work on Dell Inspiron 9300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much Nubius for your reply.

Few minutes ago, I called kingston again. The guy there told me this Ram may not compatable with my laptop because they did not test it. And, once again, the guy suggested that I should buy the other kingston Ram that is said "special design" for Dell.... I am so confused.
The model number is KTD-INSP6000A/1G, which number means Kingston technology for Dell inspiron something.

Do you know why? Kingston wanna make more money!!!
And why the kingston have both value ram and special ram? they want to confused us!!! :p

bah dell is a bunch of chumps that are looking at a computer, type in your problem as close as they can and up pops a response that they need to tell you.

Yeah they will say "Ummm yeah this is SPECIAL Dell RAM" and all that means is more expensive.

The dell site said your laptop uses DDR2 memory, the kingston memory you have is DDR2 SO-DIMM so I don't see why it wouldn't work

Umm, I don't really know, and I can't find exact picture of the KTD Ram. As a result, I can't say what is the difference between them. I heard that even a FDD, Dell still make something different and sell the Dell FDD for more than 30 dollars box, and regular FDD can not put into the Dell case. Probably this is the way that Dell exist in the hard time of compter field.

Anyway, thank you Nubius. You are very nice.

Both the Dell & Kingston speck out the same on both sights. Should work "O So Fine.." Dells sight is hard to navigate, but usually will answer most of your questions eventually. Just need to dig far enough.
Phone support is hit or miss like most other's....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom