Spicing up windows..

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
Yeh im running a program called 'sysmetrix' and it looks nice and displays sum good info... but yeh i was wondering if anyone else uses some good programs that are prefirably free... and are worth installing onto my comp... so yeh what program do you guys use to 'spice' up your windows expierience?

i sometimes use si meter, a free little app that displays your mem, hd and net activity. plus it's skinable. :)

I also use CoolMon....great lil' app.
TweakMaster for my TCP/IP tweaks.....
MS Bootvis to monitor my booting process....

-Michael

I use SuperKaramba on Linux. And there are so many 'themes' you can install and run. On my desktop, I have a newsticker from Slashdot, real-time weather for my area and a CPU monitor all from the same program, and those are just a very very few that I have.

Guy, so KDE is your pref? I'm a Gnome guy here. I run gDesklets. It's kinda like SuperKaramba but it ported for Gnome. Check out the specs...http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org it's a pretty badass program if you ask me. (I tried KDE with SuperKaramba, i really did. I guess that i just can't get into KDE that much :eek:)

When you said spicing up windows, i thought you were talking about pouring tabasco on your harddrive! :eek: :p

KDE all the way... for now. :)
I have tried Gnome in previous versions, but I never really liked it. I don't know why. I will probably play with KDE for another week or so, then give Gnome a try, then some of the other 'less' popular environments.

i dont understand the whole "enviroment thing" can someone explain?

The environment is the interface in which you communicate with the PC.

Basically, it's a GUI for the console. :)

I don't know how to explain it better... Para, Shan, Lostman... Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom