what is your next....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
What is your next rig going to have on it and if you dont plan on building a new one, what is your PC most likely going to have in a year or two?

heres what i am planning to have on my next rig, but of course i dont know the parts that theyll have in 2 years but o well.

Nice Case w/ watercooling and 700W Powerstream PSU
DFI Lanparty Socket "---" Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X4, 65nm(hopefully)
4 GB (2x2GB) OCZ Plats Rev 3 DDR2-677 (i fhtere are rev 3's and that is the ram amd's use)
2x SCSI 15,000RPM hard drives in RAID 0
Blu Ray or HD-DVD Burner drive
Blue Ray or HD-DVD Rom drive
g70 or newer graphics card
Nice Sound Card
[]D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[] speakers
Widescreen LCD low response time monitor
other stuff

please correct me on anything that sounds stupid :)

this is all if i dont burn all my money on other stuff and if i even have money to burn :D.

what does everyone else plan to have on their next rig?

I dunno most specs, but before Christmas I am going to get a G70 or R520. Yes, if the R520 smashes the G70, i may consider it.

SteveGTA said:
What is your next rig going to have on it and if you dont plan on building a new one, what is your PC most likely going to have in a year or two?

heres what i am planning to have on my next rig, but of course i dont know the parts that theyll have in 2 years but o well.

Nice Case w/ watercooling and 700W Powerstream PSU
DFI Lanparty Socket "---" Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X4, 65nm(hopefully)
4 GB (2x2GB) OCZ Plats Rev 3 DDR2-677 (i fhtere are rev 3's and that is the ram amd's use)
2x SCSI 15,000RPM hard drives in RAID 0
Blu Ray or HD-DVD Burner drive
Blue Ray or HD-DVD Rom drive
g70 or newer graphics card
Nice Sound Card
[]D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[] speakers
Widescreen LCD low response time monitor
other stuff

please correct me on anything that sounds stupid :)

this is all if i dont burn all my money on other stuff and if i even have money to burn :D.

what does everyone else plan to have on their next rig?
I hate to break it to you, but even in a year or two that would still cost $3000+ dollars :) The hard drives alone would cost $2000+ dollars, so I really really doubt that is gona be your next rig.

Re: Re: what is your next....

003 said:
I hate to break it to you, but even in a year or two that would still cost $3000+ dollars :)

which is exactly why i need to rob some more banks ;)

i think im gonna have a little more than 1,000 within a month and then ill just keep saving... enless i decide to go with a laptop lol

Re: Re: what is your next....

003 said:
I hate to break it to you, but even in a year or two that would still cost $3000+ dollars :) The hard drives alone would cost $2000+ dollars, so I really really doubt that is gona be your next rig.

no

AMD X2 6500+
2x 1G DDR2 RAM at 800MHZ a stick (Hrm, seems like a downgrade, I just upgraded from 800mhz ram)
Nvidia G70 \ ATI R520+
Maybee a firewire 410
A nice PS probolly 600 watts
DFI M2 socket based board with SLI*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom