cant clock my CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
hello every one, my dad's plant a work closed so he brought me home a laptop for free, totally reformated but with windows xp professional and service pack 2 installed. SO im not complaining, it's supposed to run at 256 pc133 ram and a 1ghz processor (it can run some of my old but fun games, like diablo 2 and Age of Empires 2)

Now here is the problem, i downloaded CPU-z and it clocks my comp a 700mhz! But it says 1ghz at my computer?

What could this be, is it only reading the step down? Cause when my comp runs on batteries is steps down to 700mhz to save energy (it actually changes to that in my computer section).

So is that what CPU-z is doing, reading the step down speed of the processor?

Thanks.

It happens when XP feels the CPU getting hot. Download SpeedFan, and max out the settings.

speed fan will just make the fan faster? Does this cause any danger to anything else or just uses more power?

Speedfan is nothing but an infomational program

Since it's a laptop, they almost always step down, you should see CPU-Z briefly jump up sometimes though.

Umm no. It actually increases speed. In the middle, theres a thing where you put how much speed you want in percentage.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Speedfan is nothing but an infomational program

Since it's a laptop, they almost always step down, you should see CPU-Z briefly jump up sometimes though.

Is their any way to turn step down off, cause i dont want it to step down in the middle of a game.

man im scared to play games on this thing, i was just playing diablo 2 and my cpu went up to 76 celcius!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom