New ram and Things a Crashing WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentallyfixed

Solid State Member
Hey i have a emachines T2672 AMD Atholon Xp proc. and i orginaly had 256 so i got a 512mb stick of ram installed it and now video games crash and when i try playing video on websites my computer crashes, so i went into advaced system setting to disable the automatic shut off to see what that blue screen says and it says that windows has t oshut down sue to system faluire and to check my clocking or showding or somthing like that or BIOS updates but im computer ran fine with two 256's and now that i put this 512 with the 256 it just wont run right, any help i dont know what to do about this, I did run memtest86 and there is nothing wrong with my memory and the computer reads the memory. i habe 704 right now, and could it be the way i have it set up on the board i read somthing about how you have to have the biggest closest to the prosessor or somthing... help plzz

you said you bought a 512 mb ram right... and yourcomputer reads 704 mb of ram.... could it be that you havent removed you first 256 mb ram and instead added the 512 mb of ram to your 256 mb? have you checked your ,mother boards specs beacause it may be that the ram you bought is not supported by the mother board.. interms of its frequency... ex. 133...266...333..etc...
hope this helps...

the 333 you said that your mother board can take is the frequency of the ram that you need to know.... now you need to check your RAM's vendor if they gave you a 512mb drr pc333... or... may be they gave you a higher freqency ram so your system becomes unstable... another possibility is that your 256 ram is not compatible with your 512 mb ram... but this rarely happens since pa'c are backward compatible....

i took the 256 out and just left the 512 in and the computer wouldnt make it past the log in screen in xp, so i switched them out the 256 is in and the 512 is out and it runs fine

Well, I googled the T2672 and you do indeed have the right ram PC2700 DDR333. That MOBO supports up to 2G only 2 slots.

I'm not sure why you are trying to run a 512/slot1 and a 256/slot2 though. If you run (2) 256 in slot1/2 you are taking advantage of the rams Dual Channel capabilities. If you run the 512/256 you are not. They need to be two identical pairs.

As far as not being able to boot with the 512 installed, I would assume that this is a issue with the BIOS. WHat BIO'S is it? AWARD? If i were you, if you know how, i'd try installing new drivers for that MOBO, and possibly flashing the BIOS's. Although you should make a back-up of the current BIOS. And make sure you have the right upgrade for the BIOS.

Google it... You'll find plenty of updates...

umm thats basicly a foriegn language for me any explantion could you maybe fine these BIOS? updates?? so should i go back to running 2 256's or run 2 512 right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom