Are 2 6800 gts really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they help alot, its just most people have the wrong idea of SLI. When your running SLI, each video card is responsible for 1 half of the screen. They arent used as REAL dual video cards, such as processors. In simply terms, you dont double the graphics. Since each card is only responsible for half the screen, its very easy for your GPU to run demanding games.

Thus, you can play games at extremely high resolution, and you will have more FPS.

will they help? in newer games, yes (2002 or 03+ i believe)

are they worth it? nah, just stick with a 6600gt and then buy a 7800GTX/R520 when i comes out

IMO - THe only difference you really see is in the benchmarks.

It's worth it if you can spend the money to set one up... Very worth it. Because you know that your RIG will kick many, many, many, games @SSES!!!

personally, i dont think it is worth it. By the time that games will really need two GPUs, dual GPU cards will be mainstream and the 6800/X800 series will be like the radeon 9600/geforce 4 ti cards of today

And then you can have 4x gpu sli system =D

They need to revert SLI back to the scan line interleaving that it used to be back in the monster 3d days..

They are worth it if you have the money, as for how many games support it right now, its not many but in the upcoming years many more games will support it and then it really will be a performance difference.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom