what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

straightv6

Not A Super Techie
I currently have an 80gig HD with Xp Pro installed on it and i just bought a 160gig HD. In the next few weeks i'm going to be building a new computer and using the old one (80gig HD) as a Slackware box.

There are a lot of files that i want to transfer from the 80 to the 160. What is the best way to do it? Should i create a partition on the 160 and transfer the files to it and later load windows when i want to format the 80? Is that possible?

Set the 160 as master, the 80 as slave and transfer your files after you install Windows on the 160.

tribalsun said:
Set the 160 as master, the 80 as slave and transfer your files after you install Windows on the 160.
so there are no problems with running Xp on both HDs?

Set your bios to boot off the master and you should be fine. Worst case it will ask you which OS to boot into, just choose your new drive if asked.

If you have files on the 80 gig i suggest you set it as slave. You want to run windows on the 160 right? partition the 160 so you can put your files on the partition then use windows on the other. ( i suggest making the partition larger than the o/s room.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom