Help no power to drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingshotjam

Beta member
please help i have just been given an old pc to get on with my pc repair course i have just started and i am at very basic level. when i turn on the pc it loads into bios because i have not yet installed the os. the disc tray on the drive will not open even though it is connected correctly. please help because i am stuck. im not sure if power is getting to the hard drive either. could this be the power supply even though it starts up fine. any help would be great

Using our advice would kind of be cheating, right?

It's like work at school, sure someone can copy all the assingments off me that are worth 10%, but when the test comes that is worth 90% they have no idea what to do on it and cannot copy.

HINT: If you got a voltmeter \ multimeter, one of these tools would be used now

thanks for tip. the pc i just been given is not part of the course. i just want to get it working again, so any help wont be cheating.

try switching the powerplaced in your cd drvie to other available slots.... if this still happens turn off the pc and use something sharp and long and push open the cd rom.. it has a small hole on it for emergency opening... check if there is a stuck cd rom inside... or try replacing the cd rom.. may be it is really defective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom