Which is a good ram to buy? must be under 150$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Baseband Member
Hey ppl,
I need some quick advice yet again. Which would be a decent Ram 1GB under 150$ to buy. Please give me specifics. I am currently using a Kingston value select (3.3.3.7 timing) so i need better than this. I need for gaming but my interests are from strategy gaming, to nfs underground to sports simulations so keep that in mind.

cheers :)

Well it seems to fit the bill
but
"This memory has been verified to operate at DDR400 (200 MHz at 3-4-4-8)"

Wouldn't that be slower than if i added to my kingston ram which is verified at 200mhz 3-3-3-7??

Not a suggestion but that corsair stuff sucks. Its a waste of money. The OCZ stuff is the pwnz0rz

Aright, just so you know dude you will NOT notice a difference between 3-3-3-7 timings and 2-2-2-5 timings which is $200+ high performance RAM.

You sure as hell won't notice any difference between 3-3-3-7 and 2-3-2-5 so really you should just save your money. If your current RAM works fine then just leave it.

If you're thinking you'll gain a lot of performance simply from slightly tighter timings that's simply not the case man.

Especially if you already have a gig theres no point in buying more.

No i don't i wanna get a gig that's why im thinking of upgrading to better timings since im going to get new one anyways.

Like nubius said their's abosuletly no point unless your overclocking CPU \ RAM

A human will not notice the difference between those two sets of ram, and the difference is barely visible in even benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom