Q: XP PowerToy: TaskSwitcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
Hi

I just downloaded this windowsXP TaskSwitcher power toy and i think it's cool:

Task Switcher
This PowerToy enhances the existing Alt + Tab application switching mechanism of Windows XP. It provides a thumbnail preview of windows in the task list and is compliant with the new Windows XP visual style. You use this just as you do the existing Alt + Tab mechanism. Press and hold the Alt key and then press the Tab key to cycle through the running applications. When the desired application is highlighted release the Alt key. You can move backwards through the task list by pressing and holding the Shift and Alt key and then pressing the Tab key.

However, my only problem is, unlike the original task switching routine, soon as you press ALT+TAB the switch is focused on the NEXT or PREVIOUS window, but this task switcher focuses on the CURRENT window first...

This means that switching back to my previous window would require 2 clicks (or presses)...

Is there a way to modify this little power toy?

Thanks

Tea

Not that i know of, you will get used to it soon anyways though.

It's a nice tool but not that nice.

Unless it's in the programs' options, or, unless it has to do just with changing your kernal (I believe I'm correct here), there's not much you can do. However, if it's just changing your kernal, e.x. no program running for it, then there's probably a registry entry or something for it. I'll download it if it's small, as I'm on dial up, and I'll check it out, if it's to big for me to be satisfied with downloading, I won't, though.

-SkyHi

yah... i removed it... when i had it installed, i noticed that i dont even look at the screenshots anymore.. i got sooo used at task switching that i count the windows subconciously basing on the 3-4 previous windows i focused on.. guess that was part of my problem when this TaskSwitcher added 1 count... brain bleeds trying to adjust.. hehehe.

say, i did download the PowerToy virtual desktop Manager... seems ok.. but can you suggest a better one? this was cool and all but i didnt like the name "MSVDM" on my task bar.

Weird also, i can't seem to determine how much resource it's eating... since it doesnt show on the process manager.

tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom