IBM Thinkpad 600x DVD question *Please Help*

Status
Not open for further replies.

topache

Beta member
IBM Thinkpad 600x DVD question/problem *Please Help*

Hi,

I have a IBM 600X (2645-4eu) with a Tosiba CD/DVD internal rom drive (SD-C2402) running XP Pro. CD parts works 100%. I believe I have tried everything in the last 2 days (many hours) of trying to get DVD's to run. Windows keeps saying no disc in drive d, disk may be corrupt or windows dont' support the format. (something like that) I have tried using WIN DVD and various versions of POWER DVD, but come across the same results. Is anyone successfully running a 600x w/xp pro and dvd ? If so, what drive are you using? Is my drive not compatible? Accorrding to IBM's website dvd playback is not supported in 600x in win 2k or xp, only 98, is that my problem? I really need to get this laptop to play dvd's, any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Even if I have to buy another drive, as long as I know it will work, that cool.

Thanks for your time in advance

Kurt

Does it recognize it as a dvd drive in device manager. In the control panel go to the system icon and then device manager and see if the system is recognizing it as a dvd drive. If not you may need to see if ther are drivers for it. Also some later model Thinkpads have proprietary dvd playing software for their drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom