What's the Best anti Virus software that doesnt cost a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloman02

In Runtime
Ok, I have heard norton 2004(i think, anyway the latest one) is bettet than Mcafee, and its not that much more money(im only looking at antivirus, since i have a hardware firewall) anyway, i have heard of PC-Cillin, is that any good? I just want to make sure i have the best protection for my comp.

In my opinion, Symantec, McAfee and and PC-Cillin are pretty up on virus defs. Thats the main thing to be concerned about on an end-user level.
I personally trust Symantec (Norton) for my own purposes but I'm sure you'll get pleanty of opinions here.

-Michael

i had Mcafee 6.0 but the license was weird, it wouldn't let me update the virus definitions(after about a year of use) unless i paid them money, so i said screw it and so now im looking at norton, but was wondering if there was something better for around the same price.

anyone know if PC Cillan requries you to pay $$$ to update the definitions if it is out of date?

downloading it now..hopefully they'll be an option to disable the res. virus guard as i have nav2003 and don't want another antivirus running in the background fulltime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom