AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another crazed xeon post

I had to build another dual xeon today.. ugh..

3 bad boards, 2 weeks, and a 15lb sledge hammer later i finally got it back up.

So the only reason i ever have to build dual xeons anymore is for machines running avid software. If avid would support dual opertons i wouldn't have to build dual xeons anymore.So, Why do companies only support only intel? Especially when AMD design and performance is better. Now that 64bit xp is out shouldn't companies be flocking to port their code over? I was watching some sort of microsoft demo using 2 machines (exactly the same) one running xp 64bit the other running 32bit... Most of the applications (64bit) that were executed on the 64bit machine showed a 600-700% increase in overall speed compared to the 32bit machine running the same (32bit) program. (They were using audio/video rendering and databasing as tests, obviously 64bit isnt going to help much in the way of gaming)

So, why would these companies still persist to only support intel?? Life sucks..

I wonder what would happen to the global temperature if all the xeons in the world were turned off at the same time. They're probably the only thing keeping us out of the next ice age.

Man, I think this thread should be in Guiness Book Of Records for the longest Computer thread. Also, someone should post this on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom