Internet programs crash almost immediately after I open them

Status
Not open for further replies.

og5

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I bought a new computer a few days ago and noticed some problems with my programs crashing yesterday after I installed some memory. I ran memtest and determined the memory is fine, the problem seems to be with my internet connection. The programs that access the internet (file sharing, online games etc) crash soon after I open them. Also I can not log into some other forums, when i enter my details its says i am logged in but the site still shows me as logged out when the page refreshes. (at least on this site I am loggged in until I close the window)

The login problem sounds like an issue with my cookies, I'm not sure what the former problem is because the programs were working fine the day before. I had windows firewall allow all the programs to access the internet and still get this problem. Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks

EDIT forgot to mention I have cable internet

We need specs.

1. Run PCbugdocotor
2. PC Rescue 2.0
3. Registry Mechanic
4. All this should be done in safe mode.
5. Use Firefox
6. Run AV
If you don't have any or some of these programs, PM me. I'll e-mail you them.

PS: I ain't going to send viruses man, I ain't a *****.

That's pretty good advice above, but remeber an antispyware program like microsoft antispyware beta

However if your gettign prebuilt PC's, if you have another windows CD laying around I recomend completly reinstalling windows on any new system. Dell and crap put spyware on your PC

I ran the following programs:

Pcbugdoctor
norton antivirus (full system scan)
Adaware

The problem is still there. Has anyone had something similiar happen? (internet programs crashing soon after opening)

EDIT here are the specs

Bezel Assembly: Bezel, Nexgen 3LC complete frame assy
Chassis: Chassis, Nexgen 3 main chassis frame
CPU: CPU,ATHLONXP 3000 462P SEMPRON 333FSB512
CPU Fan Type: FAN,H/S AMD 3200+ 462P CLRMSTR DP5-7151E
HDD: HDD, 80GB 7200rpm
Keyboard Model: KB, premium black KB-0108,PS/2 port
LAN: LAN, 10/100 Integrated
MB: MB, K7MNF-64/1.1A
Memory: MEM,DDR-RAM 256MB (MAX. 2GB)
Modem: MODEM,FAX CONEXANT 56K RD01-D850
Mouse: Mouse, silver wheel black gloss and no logo
ODD1: DVDRW,16X Dual Layer
Power Supply: PS, 300 Watt
Speaker: SPEAKER EM 2.0
Video: Video, integrated

The new ram I installed yesterday
DDRAM RSWLL| 1GB PC3200 RET (Serial#: ZCMBMM17OKDA42)

Thanks for any help

Yeah that would be your best option as it seems that it actually maybee a windows flaw.

If you can, it's REALLY better to use a proper XP disc (preferably with Service Pack 2) instead of a dell, compaq, HP ect cd.

thing is I don't have any backup disk at all! (I asked the office depot guy why and he said "they" stopped including them with computers about 4 years ago) There was a recovery cd utility but it gave me problems with the 4rth (last) cd and I canceled it. I guess I better call emachines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom