who knows if kingston ram (KVR-533D2S4/1G) work on Dell Inspiron 9300

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallleaver

Solid State Member
Hello everybody. I need help now.
Who knows if the kingston value ram, model# kvr-533D2S4/1G, work on the Dell laptop 9300?

link

oh man~~
it is so-dimm ram.
I called kingston twice and I get two answers.
First girl said the ram may not compapable with that laptop, and second one said it of course can not work at all. Her suggestion is to buy another one model# KTD-INSP6000A/1G, but the price is much higher than value ram.
I don't know kingston how to train these girls~~~~~~I almost wanna killl myself.

So, nobody tried it before?

fallleaver said:
Hello everybody. I need help now.
Who knows if the kingston value ram, model# kvr-533D2S4/1G, work on the Dell laptop 9300?

Hey i know iam going off topic. But since you own a Dell inspiron 9300 which i wanna buy. Can you give me some heads-up, regarding the deal you got, fetaures, and experience of owning this model. Thanks!!

So, nobody tried it before?
Tried what? It's physically impossible to fit desktop RAM in laptop So-dimm RAM slots...did you even look up pics, so-dimm is squatted and smaller.

I am sorry Nubius, but if you go to kingston.com and put in the model number, you will find this is a DDR2 533MHz Ram for laptop. Or you can just easily search picture on google. I don't know if you have time to do that, but I really don't understand why nobody wanna click their mouse to find out the true.

All right, here is the link

Re: Re: who knows if kingston ram (KVR-533D2S4/1G) work on Dell Inspiron 9300

rohanbee said:
Hey i know iam going off topic. But since you own a Dell inspiron 9300 which i wanna buy. Can you give me some heads-up, regarding the deal you got, fetaures, and experience of owning this model. Thanks!!

I only can tell you this computer is good. 17 inch lcd is nice for me to do graphic work and Ati X300 is fair for 3D. But it is very expensive to get big ram on Dell.com. 700 or 750 for 2GB ram. As a result I try to find ram from another seller. If you want me to say something bad about the laptop, I would say it is to heavy...:p

ahh well shit dude, its SO-DIMM RAM so yeah that fits into a laptop (and I now see where you confirmed it to be so-dimm but I read the sentence wrong)....the only thing you gotta worry about is if your laptop is new enough to support DDR2.....the only reason I had said it's physically impossible is from people saying "you need sodimm" which I thought meant that you had regular desktop RAM...no need to get all "meh why cant people search jeez, flippin idiot" napoleon dynamite on me. Besides I could easily say the same to you and say google up your title Dell Inspiron 9300 and look at the specs which say:

"RAM technology DDR SDRAM "

Notice how that does NOT say DDR2 like your RAM specs are......wont work.......of course theres the ever popular throw it in and see if it boots method as well.

but theeeeeeeeeeen on another site which is dells homesite:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/pro...00?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab#tabtop

it says "256 MB of DDR2 SDRAM standard, upgradeable to 2 GB maximum" which does confirm DDR2 capabilities....other site SUCKS then, so then yes it should work unless your laptop is a FREAKtop or something

256 MB of DDR2 SDRAM standard, upgradeable to 2 GB maximum

Optional DDR2 dual-channel SDRAM

2 SoDIMM sockets, both are user-accessible
Dell makes it sound like theres both desktop RAM slots AND SO-Dimm slots....but yeah...it should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom