Elaborate OC'ed rigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said......never said it wasnt possible to do it with time.....but no one will simply jump in, install phase change and think it'll be an easy ride, and with phase change especially you don't have much room for error. Just because I don't blatently say "You can do it with time" doesn't mean that the message isn't there.

But it's a damned fact, you aren't going to just jump right into ridiculous overclocks, if it were that easy, there wouldn't be so many questions about it, and everyone would be doing it. One of the tougher parts is mastering all the timings with RAM....in AMD64 tweaker and the DFI BIOS's theres I believe probably 15 or more seperate timings to tweak.....hell I don't know a majority of those, and it takes a bit of time and practice and research to know what each does.

I did help, I said you need to learn AMD64 as it'll help when it comes to RAM OC'ing moron <---- now THERES rudeness

Overclocking is a fairly broad and easy to understand topic looking from far away, but once you get into the "elaborate" and detailed projects it gets more precise. You have to start with the basics and work your way up, if you try and dive right into it without learning one step at a time, you won't understand the basics which are what the more advanced areas are built up on.

That is all anyone here is trying to tell you, it's like learning about WW2 starting at the end and trying to move backwards.

Furthermore, as mentioned, this forum is fairly basic. In terms of elaborate overclocking machines no one here is that far up the food chain, when I was posting about water, which really isn't too complex, I had all of one person (thanks to who it was ;)) with extensive knowledge of the subject. You won't find your answers here.

That is why nearly every person here pointed to xtremesystems for you to learn, because no one here is really able to help you.

I don't even know how the fluently use the AMD64 tweaker or lanparty BIOS, however I've learned the basics and feel confident in my ability to self teach myself.

Nice job gaara, this forum has a broad range of topics. That is why they have mod sites, like creativemods.com. And overclocking sites, like xtremesystems.

Gaara, could not make such a statement in better text. Its very common for people to just jump into something, and not consider the time, danger, knowledge, and experience which is needed. Not only do these extreme cooling systems become rated as elaborate because of the installation process. But the elaborate system configurations you need to do for these systems. Thats why builting yourself up helps, because experience will make learning less disorderly.

Its just the fact your jumping into a very complex and sensitive cooling system. Without experience and much knowledge of overclocking. Thats why we may seem to have little hope. Another factor is that an amazing amount of people come here asking such very simply OC questions. While they dont understand why their OC are not stable. All in one, we are just completely recommending you learn as much as possible before you even consider OC.

But as i said before, dont go bashing important TF members, thats not a good way to get popular. When i say important TF members, i mean for the knowledge they carry, and the activity which they share it. I can completely understand anyone getting defensive once their intelligence is compromised. But i cannot understand people getting ignorant if they are wrong....

nice to see things calmd down fianlly lol.:D but please take time to learn so you dont fry something. thast all they are basicaly telling you just w/ bigger words and a hint of some flame. get the message, not the flame. and for your own sake learn some before you jump into something so you dont waste alot of money that could get more things instead of replcing things.;)

Alright alright alright. Gaara, thank you for comming in and making things civil. It was not fun. Codiene, I dig what you are saying completely. I was not becoming ignorant because I was wrong, I was becomming ignorat at other more obious reasons that I dont want to get into. If someone wants to find out, read the thread. I know people kept pointing me at extreme systems, and I went there numerous times and spending hours there. I hae been learning SOOOOOO much about all kinds of aspects of OCing and all kinds of other things. My job is to sit at a computer all day and log help desk calls as they come in and perhaps fix them if I can. My company is large, and the network is well, so I get pretty much no calls ever. So the way I loook at it is, I get paid a good amount of money to sit at a computer and do nothing. I get paid to expand my knowledge on oerclocking. Like I said, I want to die in headfirst, there is no other way around it. Maybe I'm being ignorant to the fact that I'm going ot break something, but it is the way I was to do it and none is going to persuade me. I cannot, howeer, say that none of you didnt warn me. You all did, and I know that, deep down, you had my best interst in mind. For that i thank you. But I am stubborn when it comes to certain things, and this is one of them. It is just the way I want to do it. Thank you all for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom