Hyperthreading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha. You guys kinda missed my point. I meant that replacing your Intel with an AMD IS NOT the solution to every problem.

Soooo, anyways never mind all of my sarcasm and back to the point:

Like I posted way up there ^^^, and like idiotec said, the CPU is probably throttling itself down to conserve power.

Elbatrop1 said:
Hahahaha. You guys kinda missed my point. I meant that replacing your Intel with an AMD IS NOT the solution to every problem.

Yes it is =D

It really depends on what he's using his laptop for.. A lot of pro-audio pro video software won't run correctly on chips with HT enabled.. They are made to run in single thread format, but with HT still turned on it makes the programs grind to a slow crawl. I believe cubasis and nuendo are a couple of those programs, they freak out when they see the second processor within windows. Although they can run on a dual opteron just fine.

Hrm maybee I shall try to put cubase on my parents computer since it has hyperthreading.

Senseless you ever seen apple's benchmarks with a high end AMD gaming system, a high end Hell system and a dual g5

In multiple plugin chains, AMD won by a long shot. It lost at everything else though (this was for cubase or something)

Nah, i don't keep up on that stuff as much as i should. The VP of the company i work for does most of the RD and benchmarking for audio gear.. I just read the reports he writes. I wonder how a dual g5 would compare against a dual opteron 252

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom