64Bit Revolution build

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBebop26

In Runtime
Well I finally got my credit card today and have ordered all of the parts. I want to use this thread as a sort of build process, so please dont start a flame war or tell me its carp if its not what you like best. And yes, ofcouse, there is better and much better and I realize that but this is what I got:

Motherboard
DFI LanParty NF4 UT SLI-DR NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard
Processor (CPU)
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1MB 90nm Rev. E
T-Shirt
AMD Athlon 64 FX (Free, only paid for shipping)
RAM
1 GB (2 pcs 512) DDR (400) PC-3200 Patriot (PDC1G3200+XBLK)
Power Supply
Enermax EG701AX Noisetaker 600wattMonarchComputer
Monitor Adapter
DVI Male to VGA Female Adapter
DVD-ROM Drive
Lite-On SOHW-1673 16x8x16-DVD-RW/48x24x48-CD-RW Black (Retail Box)
Video Card(s)
eVGA 256-P2-N376-AX/BX x2
Fan Controller
Zalman Multi Speed Fan Controller "ZM-MFC1"
Heatsink
Zalman CNPS7700-Cu CPU Cooler
Thermal Gel
PcToys Arctic Silver 5
Case Fan
Quad LED Green 80mm Fan x3
UV Light
Dual UV Cold Cathode Kit
Keyboard/Game Pad
Saitek Gamers Keyboard

Total Cost was around $2,000 USD and well worth it if you ask me. I cant wait!

-Ryan

I dont understand why you are getting a 7700CU HS&F when you dont good overclocking RAM. The 4000+ has a locked multiplier, which means that you will have to OC your FSB in order to OC your CPU. If you OC your FSB without good OCing RAM, your OC wont be very effective.

I would lose the 7700 and stick with the stock CPU HS&F unless you really intend on OCing.

That is overclocking ram, should allow him quite a bit of flexibility

Nice setup, I would reevulate the ram (kingston HyperX is dirt cheap right now) and look at possibily another power supply like PC Power & Cooling (510 watt version or more)

I was looking at that one but I chose this because it is SLI complient. That was right next to it though, flip of a coin.

-Ryan

i like the ram you chose.

the only thing i'm wondering about is the cpu. you should have gone for the fx55 sandiego. unlocked multi and plenty of overclocking room

That is overclocking ram, should allow him quite a bit of flexibility

Hmmm, I see. I did not know that. I looked at it and I thought that some RAM with a higher native frequency would OC a bit better.

i never knew a FX-55 90nm core variant existed

I didnt know one existed either, and I was quite surprised when I followed that link.

I still stand by my original post in that the 7700 cooler is not necessary at all if you arent going to OC. If you are going to do some OCing, go for the 7700.

Hmmm, I see. I did not know that. I looked at it and I thought that some RAM with a higher native frequency would OC a bit better.
Well you obviously don't know that much about what is or isn't OC'able RAM, the higher clock frequency doesn't determine it to be overclockable because guess what that higher frequency RAM is.....overclocked PC3200 that the manufacturer guarantees it to run at because of the IC's and PCB the RAM is made from.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=53

Theres a little insight on OC'able RAM.....Samsung TCCD with BrainpowerPCB = Overclocking RAM, which is what he has. I suggested that RAM to him because it's a pretty good price and will infact overclock quite a bit, I have the same RAM myself.

Also BH-5, BH-6, and Winbond IC's are good OC'ers but need more voltage...generally quite a bit more than Samsung TCCD.

Even if you go buy PC-4800 RAM it's going to default to PC3200 speeds.

Also I believe (atleast on mine) on that patrio RAM it says PC3200 - PC4200 I think it is, maybe 4400, 266MHz DDR533

EDIT: Bebop how old are you, just curious because you said you just got a credit card and you've already charged it up the ying yang lol....hope you don't get yourself into trouble with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom