Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yea.....apokalipse...read about the blaster virus and MAC OSX?
Read up dude.........

-Michael

Oh yea I like Redhat 9.0 or Knoppix STD (with STD, Linux boots and resides on the CD, great for WEP wireless hacking!!!!)

Yes, I know....
But the article that I read yesterday, concerning MAC OSX, is pretty interesting. I will find it and then post it here. Too early to do now....need coffee.

-Michael

Ok, one of my friends just got a Linux distribution (not sure which) and says that it has alot of problems picking up his hardware. Would this be just that distribution or is this problem inherent to Linux?

I prefer Mandrake since it has good device drivers. anyone looking to use linux should try knoppix first to see if it suits them. if not, windows will do nicely.

what's the deal with red hat not supporting free desktop linux? anyone tried fedora?

I've got Fedora as my primary OS on my laptop.. so far I'm pretty impressed, it's really smooth and responsive in the GUI, which is more than I could say for RedHat 9 when it was on here. Apart from a few small quirks, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Para, have you tried Mandrake 9.2 yet?

You should really give it a shot if not. I have it running as primary on my PC right now. (Followed by XP PRO)

Good stuff man.

I was actually going to install Mandrake 9.2 last night, but I had deleted the ISOs by accident and I didn't have time to re-download them.. I'll have to wait until monday when I can download them with the school's connection (usually 2 or 3MB/s :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom