San Diego vs. Venice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
As of yet I don't think I've seen a venice NOT hit 2.4GHz, but there have been some people who's capped out around 2.5GHz just from luck of the draw which happens with any CPU

Are u talking about a stock 3000+ (1.8) or a 3200+ (2.0)? (with regards to capping out at 2.5GHz)

well yeah my bad, I shoulda been more specifica, I meant 3000/3200's as those are what's predominately being bought currently. Cheap and OC like beasts....those are the ones I mean about hitting 2.4GHz atleast, I think I'm going to go 3200+ myself, although I see 3000's hitting 3GHz just as easily with really good cooling, generally chilled water at the very least

It's not the temperatures, it's no matter how much voltage you give it they hit a wall usually

he's not saying that literally the newcastles would hit 500MHz increase, it's called speaking hypothetically in terms if you took a 3200+ venice vs a 3200+ newcastle and OC'd them both 500MHz above stock, the newcastle would probably easily be atleast 12C hotter is what he is implying.

There are plenty of winnies hitting 2.7GHz but you really have to get lucky with that, 3000+ venices are hitting that and more left and right

I think the 3700+ San Diego is better for a high perfromance but-still-budget CPU when price is not an issue. The 1MB of Cache that the San Diego has is worth it. The San Diego also has some extra's built in that the Venice chips don't have.

So, for a budget set up that is not super budget, I think that the San Diego is better. Both cores are good anyhow.

Yan

The San Diego also has some extra's built in that the Venice chips don't have.
Ok, care to explain that a little further for the rest of the class..........

I will let you guys know about OCing in a few days when I get all my crap in, I went with the 4000+ San Diego, it was a hefty price tag but we will see. The 3200 Venice is very good but as they both cap out at ~2.8 but you will see that the San Diego will most likly run a tich cooler then the Venice because it already has a fast clock speed to begin with.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom