nVidia GeForce 7800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
For SLI you need two exact PCI-E models and this little bridge chip that connects the top of them both to communicate.

I don't know where you're seeing people comparing SLI to one card, the only time I see it is in benches which isn't to say like "haha nvidia wins" but simply to show where each card stands.

Besides ATI will be coming out with their own form of SLI :rolleyes: losers.....

EDIT: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23325

Updated G70 info....says PS3 will be around 550MHz core, so we can assume that the G70 will probably be around there as well, quite different from the 430 speculated in the previous specs in this thread, not only that, but 90nm architecture as well compared to 110nm listed in here.

Soooo basically god knows what this thing will actually be lol

Lets just leave all these damn speculations alone and rumors and just wait till they comeout. even though it is funny cause ATI is pulling this "24 pipes" thing lol. thats hilarious. isnt the G70 supposed to have 32?

they need to slow down, im loving my new x850xtpe card. i dont see myself upgrading my card for awhile. i bet those prices are going to be insane.

P.P. Mguire said:
Lets just leave all these damn speculations alone and rumors and just wait till they comeout. even though it is funny cause ATI is pulling this "24 pipes" thing lol. thats hilarious. isnt the G70 supposed to have 32?

If we didnt speculate and pick at eachother over rumors, we would have waaay too many boring threads

even though it is funny cause ATI is pulling this "24 pipes" thing lol. thats hilarious. isnt the G70 supposed to have 32
No, the G70 was said to have 24 and the R520 was the one who has "24" but those 24 are equivelant to 1.2 of todays standard pipelines so 24x1.2 = 32

And where did you hear this from? Granted basically no info right now is at all reliable, I've heard nothing but 24 from every shred of info about the G70 thus far.

i heard it had 32 pipes from beed, and it the extra pipes on r520 are supposed to be "virtual". BUUUTTT like i said earlyer quit arguin over somethign that aint out yet and over rumors. its rediculous.

well like I said they aren't virtual pipes per se, they are supposed to be just a tad bit 'bigger' or 'better' than todays conventional pipes, so 1 of these 'newer' pipes is equivelant to 1.2 of todays pipes, so therefore 24 of those = "32 pipelines"

as far as the G70, I don't know, I've heard nothing but 24, but I'd sure hope nvidia would either have 32 or do the same thing as ATI with the whole "1.2" crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom