Password for folder....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sys

Baseband Member
Got any software can give us to log our folder by password?so to open the folder we need the password to open it?

You ca specify the permission so that only a certain user can actually have Viewable rights to the folder.
If you set the List folder/read data option to no, then they can't see anything in that.

how to do it?
is it make it in hidden file?
but i heard got a software can log the folder by password....
just donno wat the software is it........

got to the folder. alternate click and select properties. Then go to the security tab. Once there, if you are an admin, you can set specific permissions to the other users on that machine. Another option is if you have Encrption available on your computer, is to encrypt the folder while you are logged in. Other users will not be able to view anything that you have encrypted.
All of this only works if the others involved are not local admins to the machine. If they are, then youare SOL for the time. Cause i don't know the app you are referencing...

Inaris, sound like you are using NTFS, aren't you? I'm using FAT32
and I can't find any thing as you said.

So, Sys, if you're using FAT32 too, I think there is a program that's very easy to use: "Easy file & folder protector". You can find it by Google and download the trial. :)

i'm using NTFS for win XP
and wat u mean by Encrption ?sorry..i'm beginner....:)
and how to do it....

Thanks....

so anyone know any freeware available for us?
and one more thing..
i right click the folder and go properties and then din see security form inside.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom