Keep existing menus using DVD shrink

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_source

Daemon Poster
So i tried DVD shrink yesterday for the first time. And i like it, its so easy. I havent explored it fully, but its ease is great. Anyways, here's my question. I have to make backups of some movies for the kids. I want to copy the movie + the existing menu selctions and chapters as well. How do i go about doing that?
In order to get the movie i used this walkthrough:http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/
But it only tells me how to rip the movie alone. Is it possible to get the entire menu selections as well, i dont care about the credits or extras, i just wanna be able to navigate the main movie with ease.

THX.

Actually when "re-authoring" nothing is selected, you have to move the files yourself, i am not sure which files i am to move and then do i just plop them in in any order and they work fine?

Ok, well I have never re-authored my DVDs but I know using the default settings everything is selected.

So u use the 1:1 full disk copy instead? And it all fits on a DVD-5 disc? I will try that.

Reauthoring a dvd is exactly what it says, you are reauthoring it. Of course the menus wont be there by default. I use dvd shrink all the time, love it. When you put in the dvd, click open disk, find your disk, let it do it's thing. Then you get to adjust your compression ratios, and after you do that you click 'Backup Disk'. it will give you a dialog asking you which folder to put it in. After that, click save, and it should take about 45 mins to an hour depending on the size of your disk.

Also, what I do on my dvd's: I turn down the settings on EVERYTHING except for the main movie. I use a custom ratio, and turn it way the hell down on all of the menus and extras and unreferenced material. Sometimes it frees up as much as a gig on a disc, and that is just a gig that can add to the movies quality.

^^^Are you talking about using the 1:1 copy mode or the re-authoring mode? can you add in the menus in reauthoring mode?

I'm talking 1:1 mode. I'm not sure about authoring mode, never really messed around with it. If you want the menus still, why are you using authoring mode? just do 1:1

i was using the re-authoring mode b/c i tried the 1:1 copy and it doesnt fit on a disk. I didnt know that you can still eliminate some stuff when doing a disk copy. I will try using that method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom