windows xp recovery console...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavishingRocket

In Runtime
im trying to repair/replace the windows/system32 folder cuz im gettin errors upon boot and will not let me in windows. when i use the delete command it says access denied. how am i able to repair/replace that folder using the recovery console? thanks

System32!!!! nooo it haunts me :)
best way is to format... and maybe get a new disk if u keep getting this error. but u can try a link i can give u.
but i cant right now.. i can tommorow just pm me about it. (i cant do much right now...)

Boot from the XP CD, and select 'Install Windows on this computer" under there you will get a few options, and one will be somethign about repairing a copy of Windows on this computer. It will do an over-the-top installation of Windows, just reinstalling it onto that computer whilst leaving everything intact.

Yeah, do a repair. Don't reformat.

Too many people play the nuke option in here instead of trying to solve the problem first. :mad:

Thats the way it is pretty much everywhere. They get that idea from computer shops, who do that just to save time and charge people $80 plus the cost of Windows to do it. They dont realize that there is a much easier, and more practical way, of doing it. There is always another way to do it.

ShoobieRat said:
Yeah, do a repair. Don't reformat.

Too many people play the nuke option in here instead of trying to solve the problem first. :mad:

I honestly do not like saying 'nuke' it. However, system32 haunted me for so long and no matter what i did i could not fix it until i got a new disk. So i thought doing an install like that would just repair it then let it go back to the way it was. Sorry.

Post your results please.

Blitze105 said:
I honestly do not like saying 'nuke' it. However, system32 haunted me for so long and no matter what i did i could not fix it until i got a new disk. So i thought doing an install like that would just repair it then let it go back to the way it was. Sorry.

Post your results please.

You got nothing to be sorry about, man. You gave your two cents, and you made an attempt to help him.That solution worked for you, and, to the best of your knowledge, it would be the only one to work for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom