low budget build help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

x31234

Beta member
hey guys trying to make a low budget build, i'm selling my old computer for 320 Dollars:

-Abit nf7-s Motherboard
-Amd Athlon xp 2500 Barton Core
-2x 256mb DDR Ram
-80gig Hard Drive
-Sapphire 9600pro 256mb DDR Ram
- Raidmax 350 Watt PowerSupply

do you guys think thats a goodp rice? if not what do you suggest?

well my budget is 350 so I'm looking to make a good budget/gaming comp that would last me for afew more years.

if you want one that will last you at least a few more years, it's gonna cost at least $2000

if you want one that'll last you a year or two, try $900-1000

Semprons use socket 754, or Socket A. That is way too old man. Save up till you get around 1000=1500.

For sugestions on that system you were looking at, it will play games at about medium/low settings now, so it won't last you long in playing games, but then again, you could upgrade slowly.

If you want to get more out of the cpu, get a mobile xp's as they can overclock very high. The 754 AMD 64's are very cheap right now, so that would be a good option for price: performance, but you don't get dual channel ram.

PSU, you really don't want to get a generic ones, as they can take out your whole system, or just give you a bit of a shock, with a blinding light and alot of smoke.

graohics should be the first thing you should look at to upgrade (assuming that you have a good psu that can take it) Look into the 6600gt for the best price: performance. This card would last you a while.

And triffid, it wont be long till games will be 64 bit only releases

I doubt that the games industry would only release games thats combatible with < 40% (if that) of the market.

For new hardcore PC games that only run on the best hardware, around 90% if not more of their market will be 64bit compatable.

Gamers will take longhorn as soon as it's released which will be 64 bit.

but thats not everyone, a company just wont exclude a range of gamers because of thier hardware, and include another social demographic.

A Athlon XP 3200+ (or Nubius's 2400m+ for that matter) with a 6800 Ultra, and 1gb of Ram will handle games nicely. Games dont rely on CPU as much as a fast GPU and RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom