frickin OCed p4 wont stabilize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im 100% positive its your RAM dude. Im surprised your OC and you have no clue what hardware your using. Your RAM wont allow any more OC. I wouldent try pushing your RAM anymore.

i arrived at the same conclusion, cuz it cant be anything else.
i know i shoudnt be overclocking cuz of my ram, etc etc, but i've gotten my comp stable at 3.6 and am planning to buy better ram so i can OC further. what good ram would you point out to me? i've got a budget, but i can save up if its to buy some good stuff.
furthermore, what am i supposed to know about all those ram timings? i read the basics on overclocking stickied, but its really vague on what happens to your ram when u OC.
thx for your help :)

RAM timings are very simple to understand. Those are the delays your processor must wait for information. Processors are alot faster then modern RAM. The lower the timings, the faster information shall arrive.

Good OC RAM are G Skill LA's or OCZ Platinum Rev2. These all have low latency of course. When your OC demands get high, you will need to loosen your RAM timings. Because data cannot move at very high speeds with low latency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom